A Disney-themed Backyard Railroad

Castle Peak and Thunder Railroad

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Upcoming Tours

Sherrie

I just recently found this site and looked through the pictures.  My daughter and I would love to know if you will be offering any tours soon?  Please let me know!

Thanks so much.  You've done a wonderful job!

January 13, 2010 at 7:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dave Sheegog
Site Owner

Sherrie at 07:48PM on Jan 13, 2010

I just recently found this site and looked through the pictures.  My daughter and I would love to know if you will be offering any tours soon?  Please let me know!

Thanks so much.  You've done a wonderful job!

I do plan on having an open house in February. The wisteria should be in bloom. I will send an email invitation to all site members. Thanks for joining!

January 14, 2010 at 12:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Troy Stepp

Dave, incredible job on your garden. It inspires me incredibly at the possibilities. I'd love to bring my daughter up (from San Diego) to see all you've done.

Keep up the incredible work!!!

January 14, 2010 at 5:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dave Sheegog
Site Owner

Troy Stepp at 05:30PM on Jan 14, 2010

Dave, incredible job on your garden. It inspires me incredibly at the possibilities. I'd love to bring my daughter up (from San Diego) to see all you've done.

Keep up the incredible work!!!

Thanks for the encouraging words. I have a few new items planned and it helps to know that someone will enjoy the fruits of the labor. I will post some date(s) for open house(s) soon and maybe I can meet you and your daughter.

January 14, 2010 at 10:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Starship Conductor

An open house, Wow, we would love to see your Disneyland Railroad inperson! We just renewed our Disneyland annual passes, so this would make for a fantastic day of Disney magic!!!

--
January 15, 2010 at 7:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Elaine Chinen

A tour would be awesome!  One of my twin sons is obsessed with trains, and the Disneyland trains are some of his favorite ones.  He'd get a seriously big kick out of seeing your trains!  My husband posted some videos of him on YouTube a few years ago - we used to go to Disneyland pretty frequently, and our son memorized a lot of the audio for rides there (including the DL RR and Casey Jr.).  If you go to YouTube, search on "Stevie Recites" and it'll bring up the videos. His versions of the audio tracks aren't perfect, but pretty good considering his age at the time. :)

January 15, 2010 at 12:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

tsalien

I just saw you on the OC news channel!  What you did is incredible!  I would love to see your creation in person.  Please let me know when you have the tour.  Great work!

January 26, 2010 at 9:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Troy Stepp

Although it's been very quiet on these forums, I'm assuming the 'open house' is still on for this weekend.  My daughter (4-year old) & I have been looking forward to coming to see all you've done. Our trip is now enhanced by the addition of Disneyland Annual Passports to my wallet this past weekend.

See you next weekend!!!

--
May 27, 2010 at 9:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Troy Stepp

Dave,

Thank you for welcoming my daughter & I to your wonderful home today.  The work you've done is incredible & I can't wait to see what you have in store for the future.

Keep up the great work!!! 

--
June 7, 2010 at 2:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

DenverJD

Hi Dave.

I was wondering about how far you live from DL.  My wife and I are planning a trip and I'd love to sneak away just for a bit to see your railroad (not that I am just inviting myself).  We won't have a car, however, so I thought I should maybe plan in advance how a tour might work.  Thanks for all you do.

June 18, 2010 at 11:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Troy Stepp

It was about a 20 minute drive from Disneyland.

June 19, 2010 at 1:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ocean Pacific

Hi, I plan on coming down to your layout for the June 26 open house. This is open to everyone, correct? No special invite needed? Is there a place where I can get your address?

Thank You,

Jeremy

June 21, 2010 at 2:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ocean Pacific

Never mind, I received an update from my train club with adress and times.

Thank You,

Jeremy

June 22, 2010 at 4:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Troy Stepp

Hey Dave, 

Any chance you'll be offering an open house anytime soon??? I brought my 4 year old daughter up about 2 years ago. My twins sons are now 4 & I think they'd love to see all you've done.

I'd also dying to see what you've added over the past 2 years.

Hope all is well.

--
May 27, 2012 at 2:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.